As an affiliate marketer, your goal is to persuade others to buy things from which you will receive a commission. YouTube Shorts is an excellent place for this. The popularity of YouTube shorts affiliate marketing is skyrocketing.
By 2025, YouTube is predicted to have 2.8 billion users, making it the world’s second-most popular social media site.
However, people aren’t only using the platform to have fun. Consumer spending on YouTube recently reached $3 billion globally. By pushing products to customers, your affiliate marketing company can take a piece of the pie.
As an affiliate marketer, one of the best methods to make money is to post YouTube shorts.
We’ll show you why you should use YouTube Shorts to make money online in this piece, as well as how to develop a YouTube Shorts plan that works for your company.
Let’s start with how you can make money as an affiliate marketer using YouTube Shorts.
What are YouTube shorts?
YouTube Shorts is a feature of the YouTube app for Android and iOS that allows users to rapidly produce short films ranging from 15 to 60 seconds in length.
You can make a Short by selecting a video clip from your phone’s gallery or by utilizing the app’s video capture features to record a new clip. You may also use YouTube’s music library to add audio clips to your video. YouTube Shorts has become a hit in recent months, following in the footsteps of TikTok’s short-form videos. The amount of money you can make from YouTube Shorts is determined by the popularity of the video, but there’s another way to make a lot of money with Shorts that many people aren’t aware of.
Why use YouTube shorts for affiliate marketing?
- To get started for free, all you need is a YouTube channel and an affiliate program account. Making videos of various Affiliate programs and uploading them to YouTube with affiliate links.
- When compared to website content, YouTube shorts have a higher CTR. YouTube is sponsoring short films and encouraging more producers to produce short films in order to boost growth.
- Affiliate links on your channel can result in sales. It might also assist you in generating recurring income. If you can monetize your content with advertisements, the amount you earn will increase with each viewer click on your video.
- YouTube Shorts get Massive traffic everyday on YouTube.
- To rank your videos on YouTube Shorts, you don’t require SEO. All you have to do now is upload your shorts to YouTube and voila!
How to start YouTube shorts affiliate marketing
Create a YouTube Shorts Channel
YouTube Shorts is really simple to use.
In theory, you should be able to make money from your first video if you match the following criteria:
Set up a YouTube channel.
Within the previous 180 days, you’ve uploaded a Short.
Your video adheres to YouTube’s community guidelines.
Your videos are considered unique content (so no TikTok or Instagram watermarks).
How to Select a Niche for YouTube Shorts
There are a number brilliant strategies to choose a profitable niche for YouTube videos and generate leads through affiliate links and Google AdSense. YouTube shorts receive greater marketing on YouTube, and correct SEO of your video will result in more audience. Because your video’s ranking is solely determined on the audience’s interest in it,
Choosing the correct topic to make money from YouTube videos is quite important. Before deciding on a certain specialty to start making videos on, you should conduct a survey.
Do Keyword Research for Your Videos
YouTube is the world’s second-largest search engine, after only Google. People use the website to learn new things, be entertained, or study products they are considering purchasing.
For affiliate marketers, this is fantastic news. Determine what keywords your target audience is looking for on YouTube and create videos that address those needs—no “please help this go viral!” wishes required. With a little search engine optimization up front, you can get a lot of organic traffic.
Find the ideal keywords for your videos before you start making them. Because the algorithm will rank your videos based on particular keywords, you must get them properly; otherwise, you will miss out on the hottest terms of the moment. And, because keywords change over time and figuring them out might be time-consuming, you’ll need help finding them quickly and precisely. Fortunately, there is a time-saving tool for this as well: go to vidIQ (https://vidiq.com/features/keyword-tools/) and have them conduct the research for you.
Why use VidIQ to grow your YouTube Channel?
- Has access to a FREE Chrome and Firefox Extension
- It assists in the discovery of viral and trending videos
- Obtain a Competitive Advantage Over Your Competitors
- Grow Your Organic Audience
- With Ease, Manage Your YouTube Channel
- Improve Brand Awareness and Reputation Recall
Pro Tip: Use keyword in Video titles as well as Video descriptions together with Affiliate Link.
Create Your Videos and Upload
We’ll start making the videos that will power your YouTube Shorts here. In the Google Search box, insert the phrase you used to hunt for keywords in the previous step. Select these websites, access them, study the content, and create a video based on what you learned.
But, where do you make your videos, exactly? Don’t worry; just go to Canva.com. Canva is a video-making site that is outside the scope of this lesson; nonetheless, here is their step-by-step approach to designing content on their platform.
You’re going to do the following:
- Sign up for a free Canva account. This video can be made using the free version. You can upgrade to Canva PRO if you want to use more features. Canva’s free photos can be used for business purposes. For more photographs, make sure to check the license agreement.
- Type Tik Tok video or Mobile Video into the search field and press Enter.
- Use a blank template or a free template.
- Canva allows you to upload video, pictures, and audio.
- Add video or images to your template by dragging them in.
- Adjust the size to your liking.
- Change the color and, if necessary, add text.
- Audio should be included.
- To put it to the test, watch the video.
- Download in MP4 format
CONGRATULATIONS! Now you’re ready to upload your video to YouTube Shorts. Upload to YouTube as usual, making sure to include the hashtag #shorts in the title.
What are the best Affiliate programs for YouTube shorts?
There are many affiliate platforms with vendors who want to market their products and obtain more exposure from advertisers. This is a win-win situation for everyone involved in the business.
I recommend that you choose the best affiliate programs, which have greater conversion rates for their items and pay larger commissions to those who promote them.
The Amazon Associates program is still one of the finest to use if you want to promote actual physical things, even if it has gotten much less popular in the last year or so.
We’d say ClickBank is worth looking into because it’s one of the oldest and most reputable affiliate networks on the market. It has a plethora of programs to pick from, so the possibilities are endless when it comes to the types of things you can promote.
ShareAsale is a popular affiliate marketplace where merchants may promote their products online. This offers a high return on investment (ROI) and the greatest products to market and get leads from.
The Airbnb affiliate program is unique in that there are two of them, rather than just one. That implies that if you’re a host, you can look up your own listings or look up locations you’ve stayed before.
Read about the popular types of content to try when promoting affiliate products on YouTube.
Pro Tips for using YouTube Shorts for Affiliate Marketing
Are you ready to cash in on the millions of dollars that YouTube users spend each year? Here are seven YouTube pro tips that are sure to increase affiliate revenue.
- Use thumbnails that are appealing to the eye.
- Put chapter markers in place.
- If you try to be consistent, your videos will gain thousands of views almost immediately. You must upload five videos every single day on a regular basis.
- Optimize your video for YouTube searches
- Make similar playlists.
- Integrate YouTube shorts into your blog’s content
- The more you focus on creating high-quality content with music and a call to action, the more clicks and conversions you’ll get.
- Be open about affiliate links.
YouTube is attempting to monetize Tik Tok’s short-form videos, which have become familiar with the platform over the last several years. Creators that satisfy the criteria are expected to earn anywhere from $100 to $10,000, depending on how much people engage with their Shorts and how many people watch them (about 60 seconds long).
Make YouTube Shorts a part of your affiliate marketing strategy. Your monetization actions take happen in the Description box. Include a link to an affiliate marketer site in the description area to make the most money from your Shorts.
YouTube is the hidden weapon of many affiliate marketers when it comes to running profitable affiliate marketing programs.
With the tips in this tutorial, you may start earning money on the platform. Produce material that your target audience is looking for, optimize it for YouTube search, and stay away from clickbait to monetize your videos.